This is a read only archive of pad.okfn.org. See the
Title: Wikipedia & Wikidata as a workbench
- Lambert Heller
- Konrad Förstner
- Dierk Höppner
- Fidan Limani
- How can we make prhoper use of Wikipedia and other projects referred to that
- Wikipedia and its sister projects have a very good google ranking
- all data should be structured to make a use of them --> you need to have some strucutres / some overall guidelines etc.
- consensus on one platform to publish open data? should this be wikipedia?
- connectivity is very nice with wikidata
- an initial question: how could you bring your research project/data to wikipedia projects? Problem with that: Process cannot be shown in detail as it is an encyclopedia
- How much open research can you do on Wikipedia? --> There are very strict regulations on wikipedia https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Was_Wikipedia_nicht_ist
- for research it is very important to have your name in the paper --> on wikipedia you can see everything step by step however there are lots of people included
- wikidata is very easy to use -> not only for nerds but for everybody --> you can easily build your database