This is a read only archive of pad.okfn.org. See the
Refugeephrasebook.de - suggestions / requests for the next version
Which languages / versions do you need? Please enter the desired languages here, ordered by priority
Please enter your first name (only!) at the group icon at the upper right, to help coordinate requests
Important: Everything you write here will be publicly visible. For confident requests, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
current printable versions: https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Refugee_Phrasebook/
Please insert your request here:
Region Languages Comments
Hungary Arabic, Dari, Hungarian, Albanian
, BCS, English booklet-style, readable done, please update on new data with wikibooks
Macedonia Arabic, Dari, Macedonian, Albanian, BCS, English booklet-style, readable done, please update on new data with wikibooks
(based on suggestions from people there)
1. Italian, Arabic & Arabic phonetic, English, French, German.
2. Italian, English, French, German + Urdu/Bengali/Tigrinya thank you, please contact info@refugeephrasebook with project details. Also, you can start to create your custom printable version today, instructions on https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Refugee_Phrasebook#How_to_create_new_versions
*suggestions / general feedback*
- It is essential that the phrasebooks they get are:
- consise, as short as possible
- simple / as intuitive as possible
- languages consistent throughout the document
- no phonetics
- The volunteers on the terrain have no time to learn and watch for the phonetic versions as they simply have no time to use it in that way. Too overwhelmed with helping in the basic way.
- 6-7 languages?
- Automatic Export of RPB - see https://pad.okfn.org/p/rpb-export for technical Background