This is a read only archive of pad.okfn.org. See the
PASTEUR4OA Data Visualisation note pad
PASTEUR4OA is looking at policies and asking are they very different, essentially the same, quite similar, or similar in at least the critical ways? Might they be aligned? There are many
examples of policies changing and evolving over time: what are the chances of existing policies that are not aligned with the H2020 policy becoming more like it?
- How many policies are available from each country?
- How many policies are in use in a country & what is the coverage of the policies- need to highlight high-level policies with huge coverage
- What makes some policies effective and others not? - mandatory policies work better than ones that simply encourage authors to comply
- Which countries have the most policies that are Horizon2020 compliant?
- What are do policies fail on when near to compliance - this could indicate an area that will need support.
- An institution might want to know about the areas in which their responsibility lies. Are they funding APCs more or less than other countries?
- The Open Movement might be interested in the progress of Gold OA, or how many policies specify licences that are Open Definition compliant
- How many Green OA policies vs how many Gold
- Number of OA policies per region
- Number of OA policies per policy maker type
- Number of mandatory policies vs non-mandatory
- Times of deposit
- Time point for deposit specified by policies that ‘request’ rather than mandate deposit
- Deposit rate in institutions vs mandate/non-mandate policies - need extra data from study on Open Access (OA) policy effectiveness??
- Deposit rates in individual mandated institutions
- Deposit latency by discipline and by institutions and by policy
- Deposit latencies for mandated (top) and non-mandated (bottom) institutions, by discipline
- Effectiveness of particular policy conditions
Examples area: http://mariekeguy.github.io/PASTEUR4OA-dataviz/