This is a read only archive of pad.okfn.org. See the
1. Survey "Exploring the regulatory conditions of internet interconnection"
2. Event “Internet interconnection under regulatory pressure”
Nov 12, 2015 at the Internet Governance Forum in Joao Pessoa, Brazil
- Description: https://www.intgovforum.org/cms/wks2015/index.php/proposal/view_public/214
- Bill Woodcock (Packet Clearing House)
- Prof. Laura DeNardis (American University)
- Mike Jensen ("IXP Toolkit"; APC/ISOC)
- Martin Levy (Cloudflare)
- Manoj Misra (Vodafone / Association of Competitive Telecom Operators)
- Send me an email if you would like to get the link to livestream link: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Email draft: Kindly forward to your IXP members, customers, interconnection professionals
- Dear networkers,
- Internet interconnection is largely unregulated. However, in some countries, public regulation has emerged - be it through transparency rules, mandatory peering or licensing terms.
- Currently, we lack an overview about where regulation exists and we know little about how it affects internet connectivity on a global scale.
- To start filling this information gap, I have set up a short survey for network engineers, peering coordinators and network-savvy legal staffers. The goal is to crowdsource an initial overview about formal regulation of internet interconnection around the world.
- Please participate! It takes no more than 10 minutes and will serve the community: http://limesurvey.hiig.de/index.php/675663?lang=en <http://limesurvey.hiig.de/index.php/675663?lang=en>
- I will publish the results under a Creative Commons license.
- Also, please consider helping by forwarding the link to fellow interconnection professionals - think of your Facebook or LinkedIn groups, of chat channels and mailing lists. The more regional diversity, the better.
- Thank you!
- Kind regards,
- Uta Meier-Hahn
- PhD Candidate
- Alexander von Humboldt Institute for Internet and Society
- Oberwallstr. 9 | 10117 Berlin, Germany
- email@example.com | T +49 30 200 760-82 | http://www.hiig.de/en